Strong from top to bottom.
It is said that being a leader means “defining and exhibiting moral and ethical courage and setting an example for everyone in the company”. The Hill Group’s management team certainly personifies that definition, led by Founder and President, Toby Hill.
With nearly 170 years of collective experience in the construction industry, the management team brings experience in every facet of the industry to the table. But what sets the team apart is a culture that encourages creativity and problem solving from all employees.
Our Management Team.
Chris Hill, President & Safety Director
The son of Toby Hill, Chris Hill practically grew up on the construction site, working summers during high school in the field, and in the office during college for The Hill Group. One could say that the construction business was in his blood. Like his father, Chris attended the University of Florida from which he received his Bachelor of Science in Building Construction in 2005. He began his professional career also working in project engineering estimating and project management for nearly 10 years for two large commercial construction firms in Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. LEED Accredited, Chris distinguished himself while working for The Weitz Company in Ft. Lauderdale by being the first employee to be chosen nationally for the “Better Builder’s Club”, spending six weeks with each trade/subcontractor on a particular project to further enhance his knowledge of each subcontractor’s scope of work. The combined training Chris received during his summer work at The Hill Group, his formal education, training, and responsibilities during his tenure in the commercial construction world allowed for a smooth transition when he joined his father at The Hill Group in 2014. Chris is also philanthropically-minded like his father, being recognized early on in his career for his work for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, being named one of “Ft. Lauderdale’s Finest” in 2009. He has brought his passion for the work of nonprofits back home to the Vero Beach community, as well.
– Bachelor of Science in Building Construction from the University of Florida
– LEED Accredited
– Habitat for Humanity – helped oversee company’s volunteer work for new Habitat Restore building.
– United Way of Indian River County Workplace Partner
– Volunteer for Jackie Robinson Celebration Baseball Games, benefitting United Way.
– Environmental Learning Center
James Patrick (Toby) Hill, Vice President
A State Certified General Contractor with a Bachelor of Building Construction from the University of Florida, Toby began his career in estimating and project management for large commercial projects in 1977. He relocated to idyllic Vero Beach and joined the well-respected construction firm of William H. Hensick & Sons in 1980. In 1984 he founded what is today The Hill Group, turning his attention to the burgeoning high-end residential market. With four decades of experience in the industry, Toby is recognized statewide as a builder of unsurpassed quality, but more importantly, is admired in his own company for practices that encourage the individual growth of all employees. Toby is the driving force of the company who sets its high standards of excellence. Standards that extend beyond the world of construction to the world of philanthropy (link the word “philanthropy” to the Philanthropy section). Toby considers giving back to the community an honor, and he encourages his employees to also be likewise committed.
– Bachelor of Building Construction from the University of Florida
– Member, Sigma Lambda Chi national honorary scholastic construction fraternity
– Florida State Certified General Contractor
– Founding Chair and current Board Member of The Indian River Tea Party
– Board of Directors, Indian River Community Foundation
– Past Board of Directors for Treasure Coat Home Builders Association
– Past Board of Directors for Indian River County Chamber of Commerce
– Past President and Board of Directors for East Coast Chapter of AGC
– Past Board of Directors for Special Equestrian
– Past Advisory Board for Busch Wildlife Sanctuary
– Past Board of Trustees for Saint Edward’s School
Phillip Reutebuch, Project Manager, New Construction
– U.S. Army Veteran – Air Traffic Controller, Air Assault Qualified
– Bachelor of Science in Building Construction, University of Florida, 1998
– OSHA 30 hour
– Certified in CPR and First Aid
– Past Executive Safety Committee Member at Balfour Beatty Construction
– Former Lehigh Acres Community Council Member
– Former Gulf Coast Builders Exchange – Membership Committee member
– Former Lehigh Acres Little League Board Member and Assistant Coach
Alex Wells, Project Manager, New Construction
Alex Wells is one of the newest members of The Hill Group’s management team, joining the company in February 2020 as Project Manager. He holds a Masters of Science degree in Real Estate and The Built Environment and brings with him well over a decade of experience in various project management roles and in landscape design. As Project Manager for The Hill Group’s primary point of contact with project owners, architects, the design team, and the subcontractors, with the goal of refining construction details in order to deliver high quality jobs that exceed all expectations. Alex previously worked for Teton Heritage Builders in Bozeman, Montana, where he focused on high-end residential construction in the exclusive neighborhoods of The Yellowstone Club, Spanish Peaks and Moonlight Basin. He has also lived in San Diego, California and Denver, Colorado and has now found a new home in Vero Beach with his wife, two young children, plus a dog and cat.
Jay Krieger, Maintenance Division Manager
Born and raised in Vero Beach, Jay Krieger joined The Hill Group in 2014 as a Project Manager in the Maintenance Division and was promoted to Manager in 2016. A State Certified General Contractor who previously owned and operated his own residential and commercial construction business, Jay began his career in the construction industry in 1997, after serving four years of active duty in the U.S. Coast Guard as a Machinery Technician/Federal Law Enforcement Officer. In his role, Jay handles home inspections and maintenance needs, from small to large, including renovations. A firm believer in The Hill Group tenant that a quality home deserves quality maintenance to enhance its value, his goal is to consistently provide the best maintenance to Vero Beach’s homeowners. With a team of talented craftsmen who enjoy their work and ten fully-equipped vans, it’s not hard to meet that goal.
– Florida State Certified General Contractor
– Owner, residential & commercial construction business in Indian River County, 1997-2014
– U.S. Coast Guard, 1993-2001, including Reserve time
– Supporter of Military Veteran-related causes